Connecting Jobs & Major Employment Centers
When fully built-out, 93 percent of the region’s jobs will be connected by the mass transit system. New light rail lines will connect the campuses of Microsoft, Costco Wholesale, Amazon, Expedia, and other major regional employers. New light rail stations at Boeing Field in King County and Paine Field in Snohomish County, and new bus rapid transit stations in Tukwila and Renton will connect the aerospace industry. And the Sound Commuter Train will extend to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Pierce County.1
The new light rail and bus rapid transit lines will connect nearly every public college campus across the region — 31 higher education institutions, from Tacoma Community College to Edmonds College.2
The Transit Lines
- West Seattle to Everett
- Ballard to Tacoma
- Downtown Seattle to Downtown Redmond
- South Kirkland to Issaquah
- Tacoma Link to Tacoma Community College
Sounder Commuter Rail
- Extension from Lakewood to JBLM and DuPont.
- 40 percent increased capacity on South Sounder.
Bus Rapid Transit
- Dedicated bus line on I-405 connecting Burien, Renton, Bellevue, Totem Lake, Bothell and Lynnwood.
- Dedicated bus line on SR-522 connecting Shoreline to Bothell.
ST Express Bus Service
- Existing ST Express Buses get increased interim service hours until light rail lines are completed.
Station Access Improvements
- New park & ride structures at stations.
- Improved parking demand management to maximize use at facilities.
- Walking and biking improvements to the stations.