Ridership increased 83 percent since new stations opened in Capitol Hill and the University of Washington. Proposition 1 will add two light-rail extensions in Seattle.
- Downtown Seattle to West Seattle: Extends light rail with stations serving the sports stadiums, SODO, Delridge, Avalon and Alaska Junction.
- Downtown Seattle to Ballard: Extends light rail with stations serving International District/Chinatown, Midtown, Westlake, Denny, South Lake Union, Seattle Center, Smith Cove, Interbay and Ballard.
- NE 130th Street Light Rail Station
- S Graham Street Light Rail Station
Bus Rapid Transit
SR 522 is one of the most congested highways in the region, and Madison Street is a major bus route for thousands of Seattle residents commuting from the Central District to Downtown. Proposition 1 creates dedicated bus lines in these key corridors, making it easier to avoid the traffic.
- NE 145th Light Rail Station (Jackson Park) to Bothell on SR 522. Park & ride facilities will be added in Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Kenmore and Bothell.
- Madison Street Bus Rapid Transit. Provides additional funding to make the planned Madison Street Bus Rapid Transit line even better.
Better Bus Service
Proposition 1 funds capital improvements for better bus speed and reliability, and increases interim ST Express Bus Service until the light rail system is built out.
- Traffic Signal and Bus Priority: Investments made on Madison Street BRT and facilities used by Metro’s RapidRide C and D lines
- Intersection Improvements: Capital investment to improve intersections of Northeast 145th Street